I Are Hungry, I Are Ate: Japan Diary #7

So here are some highlights of what I ate/drank over there: (Sorry I don't have pictures of every item)

Tuna and Salmon Rolls
Fish Intestine, Kim-chi, Beef, makol (Korean drink)

Vietnamese Bun (similar to Pho)
Ramen bowl with Hida beef - famous in Takayama
Mushroom skillet on top of miso
Dungo - pounded rice called mochi then grilled.
Japanese curry with Hida Tonkasu pork cutlet
Hamburger w. fries & a Coke
Octopus tenticles & tuna sashimi (Kaisen)
Wings
Baby squid
Mehikare (served full including head & tail)
BBQ Tofu
Gyudon (Japanese beef bowl)

Udon noodles, Soba Noodles, Gyoza, tempura seasonal veggies (picture in Nikko post)
Grilled Makogarei (some of the best fish I've ever had)
Nikujaga (Japanese style stew)
Mussels, Mehikare


Final night I had Okinawa Food which is an original cuisine in Japan from the southern most island of Okinawa.

Mimigau (Pigs Ear)
Goya Campulu (Bitter Melon & Spam)
Umi Budo (Sea Grapes - type of seaweed)


Tebichi (Pigs Feet)

Mozuku Tempura (Seaweed Tempura)


& Karage (Deep Fried Pork Cartilage)
Shi Shi Nikomi Yama (Stewed Pork)

While waiting for my plane hunger overtook me and I bought myself a McDonalds 1/4 Pounder with Cheese meal with a coke. Not much difference other than tons of ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment