I Spell Summer S-U-Bootyshakes-M-M-E-R

So since I've been back from Japan I've kept myself fairly busy. Whether its been hanging with friends, sharing drinks and conversations with friends, checking out my friends band Mouth two nights in a row or trying to maintain some sort of sleep patern it seems like I've been back for a year instead of a week since I reorganized my apartment last Thursday. Today in fact is the first day I've actually felt somewhat bored. I woke up with absolutely nothing to do other than wait for tomorrow. This is a comforting feeling but at the same time as boring as piss on a plate. I also realized that we are now in June and its basically summer. Joy to air conditioned bachelor apartments. Anyway in lieu of all this I would like to commemorate this boring day and the arrival of June with a video post. Welcome to Boredom/Hello June, Won't You Be Mine?

First video up is from Miike Snow, a mix by Stuart Price called 'The Rabbit.' Not only is this video rad, the song is ah ah ahhhhh!mazing. Throw it on your ipod and go for a walk with patios popping and just love life. Then throw your ipod on at a house party and pick the cutest girl/guy in the room, grab them and dance with them on the hardwood like they are at 0:38 mins of this video, j'adore it. Or make your own moves up, be creative. And if you can dance like the girl at that part, call me, my number is 613-80(censored due to underwhelming amount of calls).




Next up is the latest single from the dancepop band Jump Jump Dance Dance, 'Modern Eyes.' Directed by the same dude who did the Friendly Fires vid for Skeleton Boy. Fun jam I must say!

Jump Jump Dance Dance - Modern Eyes from etcetc on Vimeo.



Finally, just a regular afternoon for the boys in Male Bonding. What spells summer more than the things in this video...wait...I don't remember spending my summer doing ALL of these things.




Hope you all enjoyed. Also, shout outs to Elliot, Rory and Kaylee of Mouth. If you're in Ottawa, come check them out this coming Monday June 7th, at The Rainbow Room and listen to them at http://www.myspace.com/aquapork They're bare bones rock n' roll!

Also...the often romanticized about and legendary, AGM, is making a visit this weekend. I'm ever so excited. Its going be very, very colourful.

No comments:

Post a Comment